CyberPanel is a server control panel for Ubuntu and CentOS 7.x operating systems. It allows users to easily control and administer their servers and get the most out of their IT budget without hiring a dedicated administrator or paying expensive fees to outsourcing firms. With CyberPanel, you are in complete control of your infrastructure.
- What is CyberPanel?
- CyberPanel Features
- CyberPanel Add-ons
- Free version of CyberPanel vs. Enterprise version
- CyberPanel vs cPanel
- Getting started with CyberPanel VPS
There are different types of Linux server tasks that you can perform from a browser-based interface.
CyberPanel features include:
- Create user accounts with customizable access control lists (ACLs) and reseller users to delegate some administrative duties to other users.
- Install different versions of PHP for each site.
- Edit DNS records for your web server.
- Manage MySQL databases in a web browser using phpMyAdmin.
- Upload files using a file manager or FTP server access.
- Set up email with access to webmail via Rainloop.
- Create backups save them to Google Drive and restore data from remote locations.
- Customize server security with ConfigServer Security Firewall (CSF), ModSecurity, and ImunifyAV.
- Use the application installer to quickly load WordPress, PrestaShop, Redis caching, and Elasticsearch.
- Access shared server logs from a web browser.
There are add-ons to manage additional data in the CyberPanel control panel:
- Root file manager
- Google Drive backup storage
- WordPress manager (staging, backup, plugin and theme management)
None of these are essential for optimal workflow. They may be useful for large web hosting resellers, but there are other ways to manage data, migrate backups, and administer WordPress outside of the admin panel.
Free version of CyberPanel vs. enterprise version
The free and open source version uses the free LiteSpeed package (OpenLiteSpeed). The free version allows a single domain, 2GB memory limit and a single PHP worker process.
The enterprise version of CyberPanel Enterprise runs on LiteSpeed Web Server Enterprise and includes:
- Full Apache .htaccess support
- Server stays online during upgrades
- Edge Side includes markup language (ESI) support
- Support via email and developer tickets
- Multiple tiers are allowed with different allocated domains, memory and PHP workflows.
CyberPanel vs. cPanel
|The free version is easy to install
|No free version
|LiteSpeed web server is faster than Apache and NGINX
|Compatible with LiteSpeed, Apache and NGINX.
|Very few features require a premium subscription.
|Always receive updates with new IT protocols
|No cPanel migration tools
|Extensive documentation due to high popularity
|The documentation is many times out of date on the official forum
|Very active community on the official forum
Getting started with CyberPanel VPS
CyberPanel Free version allows one domain, 2GB memory limit and one PHP worker process, we recommend trying the demo version first and installing on VirtualBox.
Install CyberPanel on a new unmanaged cloud server installation.
Install WordPress PrestaShop or another content management system (CMS).
Schedule server backups.